Saturday 31 March 2012

Eldar Corsairs W.I.P.

Hi All

Bluddtoof here, rested and recuperated after 2 weekends of hardcore gaming!
SVAXII and Carnage were both awesome fun and a great success for me, seeing me get my best results yet at both tournaments; 4 wins and 1 loss at SVA resulting in 12th place on VPs and 6th place on Campaign Points, at Carnage I managed 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses and had an absolute blast with my Orky footsloggin army. As ever my unit of renown was Grotzookas Kanz, they are quite possibly the best unit in the Ork codex point for point, they smashed everything they faced in all the games I played over both weekends and are a shoe in in almost every list I take.

However now onto something new:

My new project for the coming year; Eldar Corsairs.
Having recently decided, after 20 odd years of collecting and painting GW miniatures, that it was time I did some Eldar stuff and deciding to look at collecting a small Eldar army I bought the latest I.A. book, Doom Of Mymeara, and after reading most of it was instantly attracted to the corsair list and the potential for a high BS jet packing list, maneuverable, shooty and nice to look at!
So last weekend as I was at Warhammer World for the Carnage tournament I bought myself the bulk if the resin stuff for a 2k list focusing on jetpack units with wasp,hornet and warp hunter support.
I've made a start on the first corsair and am trying a golden scaled armour scheme, below are the first photos of the w.i.p.

White spray undercoat followed by base coat of Iyanden Darksun and then a wash of Devlan Mud. Then a coat of Shining Gold leaving the recesses shaded.


Then a highlight layer of Burnished Gold
This will be followed by successive highlights mixing in Mithral Silver. Piccies to come over the next few days.
Bluddtoof

No comments:

Post a Comment