Thursday, 3 January 2019

Arming For The Cypra Incident; Deff Koptas

Hi All

Bluddtoof here with another update on my progress towards the next game in our narrative campaign; The Cypra Incident. This has been running for a couple of years now but it has achieved our shared goal of incentivising both of us to paint up our outstanding kits. We were talking about this a couple of months ago and have an end point for the campaign in mind; 3 games to go with mission 5 scheduled for early Feb 2019, hopefully mission 6 later in the year and the big finale sometime in 2020. That last mission will be a monster with us fielding almost everything we can!

Onto the latest completed project for the Beasts forces in the Cypra Invasion....

6 shiny new Deff Koptas, this makes a total of nine in my collection. If you're old enough you'll spot that this is the kopta contingent from 3 Assault on Black Reach box sets. Also where 3 of my marine dreadnought came from! And yes that's how long overdue these bad boyz are! So scratch one from the  to do list.

More pics...

I diverged from my old ork paint style again, as I have been doing with recent models, trying to bring the style up to date with my improving skills but at the same time keeping the models look in line with the existing army. This has worked well with recent stuff but with these koptas I think I went with too many bold colours, they don't have the red look common the my older stuff but they should blend in ok in a larger force. Not to self to make sure in future to keep plenty of red panels in there!

Hope you like em. C & C welcome as ever.


Monday, 31 December 2018

Imperial Fists Assault Terminators

Hi All

Bluddtoof here with more on my Imperial Fists, these assault terminators are dual purpose for me; they form part of my 40k Imperial Fists force and also can proxy in for heresy era terminators in friendly games (I have no plans for competitive heresy gaming).

These were by far the hardest of my Imperial Fists models to paint; 40k terminators are so ornate!
I also wanted to got to town on the power fields, I considered using the same striped technique as my earlier fists power weapons but I wanted to apply it to the shields too and it seemed like it might not work on the shield edges so I reverted to an arcing energy style instead.

More pics...

I'm very pleased with these but as usual I've struggled with photography. :(

Hope you guys like em, C & C away....


Friday, 28 December 2018

Heresy Era Imperial Fists; Leviathan Dreadnought

Hi All

Bluddtoof here with a long overdue post to showcase my Heresy Imperial Fists Leviathan Dreadnought....

My long term goal is to have a mixed force available for both 30k and 40k, with some models unique to one or the other but most able to field in either.
The Leviathan is equipped  to fit in either, with Heavy Flamers.
I fielded this against Docs Deathguard and the guns are devastating against infantry!

A few more shots...

I tried a new way (for me) of doing OSL which I saw online, it comprises a white base and then alternating blue glaze and white dry brush, many times! I basically kept on adding alternating layers until I got bored! Thankfully I was happy with the result. It needs more practice I feel but I'm pleased with the intensity of the glow.

Hope you like, C & C welcome as always.


Monday, 5 November 2018

Cult Uprising Genestealer Cult Showcase

Hi All,

Doc here with a showcase post for my Genestealer Cult gang for our upcoming Necromunda Campaign.  I have named them the Purple Sun which just popped into my head from somewhere.  Anyway I am very happy with the outcome of this little gang and in time I hope I will need to paint some more as my gang grows in the campaign in the meantime here is some pictures:

                                  Omega                                                 The Purple Sun





 Scatter Brain




 The Purple Sun

Hope you like my new gang as always comments are welcome.


Doc Out

Monday, 22 October 2018

30K Death Guard Tactical Support Marines with Volkites Showcase

Hi All,

Doc here back with a simple showcase post. I have a 30k game arranged with Boss Bludtoof in mid November and I decided having another painted unit would be cool.  So I started batch painting 19 minis at once but gave up pretty quickly (I am not Mordian 7th) and dropped it to 10!  Anyway stuck to the same scheme as my other stuff and I am happy with the outcome.

What I really like about this year is the amount of minis and scenery I have painted I have surpassed last year by a long way which given everything which is going on personally that I am quite proud of.  On to some pictures as always constructive feedback is welcome.

That's all folks until next time,

Doc Out