Thursday 2 January 2020

Happy New Year 2020 (Hobby Resolutions and Blogging Moving Forward)

Hi All,

Happy New Year! Wow its 2020 that sounds like something from a science fiction movie rather than real life.  Well here we are the year I will turn 40 years young and 30 years since I started in this hobby.  Wowsers I am getting on now I suppose!

Anyway the last twelve months saw a significant drop off in blogging.  We as group seem to have really migrated to quicker social media platforms as a way of sharing our work. However... the blog is not dead and I will post here on occasion and I always keep the log of what minis I have painted in the side bar up to date.  Today 2nd Jan I have added my first completed mini for the year a genestealer cult abberrant.


So whats my aim for the year.... Well broadly similar to the last two years I am aiming to paint 100 models.  Frustratingly I have finished in the 90's in both the last two years so surely I can push it over the line this year!  I also aim to get my genestealer cult to a fully painted state and hopefully attend Battlefield Birmingham doubles again. I also aim to get a usable force of adeptus titanicus ready to go because the game is amazing!

Anyway peace out all have a great year and be kind to each other (well at least once a day!)#

Cheers

DOC

8 comments:

  1. Nice Abberrant, DOC! Keep on keepin' on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the GSC (I don't why because my metes GSC gang keep kicking my Escher gang all over the Underhive) and I really like your interpretation of them, great work!

    Please keep up with the blogging because some of us old gits prefer blogs to insta...whatsis ;-)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Castigator. I will do some blogging but it will be less than I use to do. I am playing GSC in a necromunda campaign in the coming months should be fun.

      Delete
  3. I second Castigator! Keep blogging alive! I don’t even have social media accounts, you sprog, only 40 eh? Haha. Great job painting 90 something models, that’s great regardless of not reaching the goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Siph LOL thanks over 90 isn't that bad is it!

      Delete
  4. Indeed, by keeping your blog alive you can continue to be part of the select hobby elite who look down their noses at casual, 'social' hobbyists (aka - amateurs). 😂 We could theoretically add the title 'blogger' to our passports! 🧐

    ReplyDelete