Ok so those who follow the blog will know I have been really toying with Heresy Death Guard for quite a long time. Something along the lines of two years. In that time since I started the project has changed significantly. It started off as a 40k/30k army, the paint scheme was originally by hand and now the scheme involves a lot of airbrushing. So yes its changed.
As part of the ever changing process and to come to a final decision I have now modified the bases as well. I have been using the brown design for so long and on 4 other armies so I needed a change. With this in mind the first thing I did was experiment a lot as illustrated by the pictures below:
These were all deemed failure in the end although I quite liked the high contrast red finish. In the end I plumped for the base design you will see showcased on my first legion tactical squad below.
This tactical squad completes my first Hobby Season completion. I am so happy with the finish and base contrast and hope this is the end of changing my mind and means I can push forward on getting units finished up.
So first project is complete:
As always comments are welcome. If the interest is there I will be happy to describe my process for painting these dudes up.