Friday 3 May 2019

Imperial Knight Paladin Showcase

Posted on Behalf of Trevdog

Such a long time since I posted on the blog, and really happy to get something finished. It's a big'un. My Paladin Knight!

I got it when the Box set with two in came out. I grabbed one on its own from Worcester Wargames. 
I've built quite a bit in my car, sat in the car park, before going into work and the knight was one of them. 15-20 minutes each time and slowly the model took shape, almost like a Mechanicus Tech Priest toiling over his work, murmuring liturgies and oiling the components with revered care......







I didn't paint it in the car, although you may think so from the paint job.
I wanted a quick and easy paint scheme so primed with grey after seeing the White Warden model in the codex. Kept the armour plates off and primed the skeleton in black, over brushed with silver then inked with brown and black.  A little silver dry brush in places helped for some areas.
The plates took most of the time, and I almost forgot to say, the basing took a while too.
The crazy paving affect didn't send me too insane. I just wanted it finished while I had the time.
I'm just happy to have a big boy ready for battle. 






Ed's comments (DOC) I really like the marble effect armour panels and the the sword motif.  This model is quite bright so the dark base works really well fair play Trevdog! 

That's my comments but as usual folks please leave constructive comments for Trevdog to read.

Cheers

DOC and Trevdog

3 comments:

  1. great looking Freeblade; congrats on the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great use of a spare 10-20mins here and there, great scheme, I like the greys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trevdog

    Love that marble effect well done. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete