Thursday 8 January 2015

Forgemas 14, Eldar Corsair Hornet, Painting the redesigned base.

Hi All

Bluddtoof here with an update on my Hornet base. My previous post was about the disaster I'd had with some ageing water effects; I'd rebuilt the base without any watery areas and it's now painted....






Next step will be to paint the guardsman who's hiding on the walkway and some final weathering touches, including a little sponge weathering on the pipes and glossing up the damp areas.

More to come soon...

Bluddtoof.

4 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors on the pipes. That is so hard for me to do. I put down bright colors, even if I am going to weather then later, and my mind just freaks out about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is intrinsic to my painting philosophy. I paint for the table-top.
    When you look at models on the table you're probably 4-6 feet away at least. So, for the models to jump out, you need high contrast and bright colours.
    I've seen loads of really nicely painted models online, with realistic, dirty, weathered schemes. They look amazing in close up photos on engineered backdrops, but on the table they just blend in to the background and don't pop at all.
    I may not be the best technical or accurate painter but I'm confident that my models stand out on the table.
    It's all about what you want from your models.
    Be brave and go high contrast, bright colours on your next project!
    You'll never look back!
    Or you might hate it! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boss, I like it... The pipes being bright is a unique thing to you and having a style that works for you is great. I certainly have gone away from dark armies as your philosophy has rubbed off on me. Look forward to seeing the hornet and knight finished.

    Cheers DOC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. Getting there slowly. Hornet first then the knight. Then on to the scenery set for WW4.

      Delete