Friday 5 January 2018

The New Year - More Cypra Incident and More 19th Dicers

Happy New Year folks and welcome to 2018!

Morning All,

Hope you have all enjoyed the lords of reaping blog event we had for December I suspect more posts may pop out of the paintwork on that front as code members cannot always make it in December with family commitments.

Anyway just to say the new year marks the start of a new painting points year as I aim to catalogue what I paint each year.  Please see the right hand side bar on the website version of the blog to see how I get on.  Aim this year is 50 figures as I completed just 40 in 2017.

The next project hitting my desk is the preparation for the air base assault mission for The Cypra Incident.  For those who need a catch up the last mission can be found here.  Or you can click on the link to all the cypra incident posts on the left hand side of website version of the blog.

So we have agreed to build and paint at least 3 flyers each..... eeek I have only done one so Boss is already up on that front.  However, I started to think what I would like to go alongside the flyers and thought some scions fits with this kind of daring mission.  I thinking I will build 3 squads eventually but as I popped into GW for something special earlier I picked up a box....



The thing that strikes is is how advanced the kits are compared to both the cadians and catachans.  They really are nice figures so I am very happy with my decision!

The other thing I picked whilst in GW was Sly Marbo...  Nice sculpt dodgy hairdo and disappointingly finecast but hey ho here he is put together.


I don't expect to get too much further as I have my final two masters exams to get through but it felt nice to have a play with these for a couple of hours. More to come when I am able.

Cheers

DOC out......

2 comments:

  1. It is a shame that the Sly Marbo figure has had so many quality issues, it takes a bit of the fun away I think. Good luck with the masters exams, I was glad to put such things behind me when I finished my last degree :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it is a shame hopefully once painted will look ok in dicers colours. As for exams thanks just two left and all done!

      Delete