Thursday 31 December 2015

Death Guard Progress - Ho Ho Ho Horus Heresy 2015

Good Afternoon All,

This is a bit of a catch all post.  I will update progress or lack of on the death guard, a small review of the year and my usual 2016 objectives.

Firstly my heresy progress which has been hampered by man flu and uni work.  However, I have worked out the recipe which I suggested in my last post.

It will be light grey primer (ab), wash (hand) 45 degree white (ab), paint other colours (hand) and finally weather (sponge).  This is so much quicker than my last method by hand!

Here is the progress I made on 5 tactical legionnaires:


Early days for this squad but I feel I have finally sorted the 'how' bit out two years later!  Comments are most welcome and I will show some fellow code players at the weekend on our new years game.

I also built for the weekend some additional bloodclaws.  I mixed up the parts and used new kit, plus older parts and some metal bloodclaw shoulder pads.  Nice to be back to the wolves for a bit.  Shame I havent had time to throw some paint at them!


Right last year (or actually very early this year lol) I set my self simple objectives and they were to complete some in progress projects.  I did manage a few things this year.  Memory test time:

1 Stormwolf
1 Forgeworld Space Wolf Dread
 ok failed already going back through blog posts!

1 Necron Artillery piece
1 Death Guard Graviton Rapier
5 Death Guard Marines

Blimey that is a terrible return compared to my normal output!  The reality is doing a masters at the same time as working full time and managing my health means I am not that upset.  So what about 2016?

2016 Objectives are (not all hobby related):

Spatial Planning Masters (2nd Year)
Adoption Match (my wife and I are approved fingers crossed at little one joins our family).

So the two above are going to slow down any hobby....

Necromunda Scenery
More Airbrush Practice
Story Campaign with Tweedy ahem (Boss Bludtoof)
Still record painting points but not against spend
Accurately record hobby spend
Log games played
Paint some death guard and space wolves.

All that remains to be said is Happy New Year to you all and I hope 2016 is fruitful, healthy and happy.

Peace Out

DOC




2 comments:

  1. Good work Doc, those Death Guard are looking mean! Happy new year to you at the Code :)

    ReplyDelete