Thursday 9 April 2015

Lorgar and Word Bearers 30k The Build

Lorgar and the Word bearers.

I've had the Horus heresy itch for some time now and I have finally succumbed to scratching it. The models from forge world are great. I must admit that I am a little uneasy working with resin. It just feels so delicate. I'll explain more about that shortly.

I already have some Chaos Word bearers that run with my Plague Marines, but these were done years ago. I still want to add to them but also want to portray how they were before their fall. I'll go into colour schemes in my next post when I have added some paint to them.

So starting with Lorgar, it would be rude not to, I found building him to be straightforward. All the bits fit well. Not sure where to attach his pistol yet, plus I have left his cloak off to paint separately. I had to make sure it would fit on by correctly positioning the haft of his great mace. The handle sits across his buttocks. The spikes on his mace gave me a headache. They are so small and come in three pieces of three spikes on each. When I was cutting the flash off one of them I managed to cut through the whole piece. I thought I had ruined it. But by the luck of the gods it all glued into place. Amazing!




Now I can't wait to paint him.

The Word bearers squad is a mixture of armour types. I had bought the torsos and helmets upgrade set mk IV and had two Mk III  torsos spare from another set. I also had two legs from the Kromlech range. They were close in appearance to Mk III armour so decided to add these two together.
I bought the new tactical box set and used most of what I could to make them appear more akin to the heresy period.





I stuck with safe poses carrying bolters across the body. I have tried to ensure the details from the upgrade torsos can be seen.
The sergeant and his next in line have open poses. I gave him a power mace to match Lorgar's.

I have also built a dark apostle who can be my Erebus stand in.



You will see another figure of a captain who has gate crashed the photo. More about him another time.
Well, I'm pretty happy about the build and have already spray undercoated. The resulting look is more uniform.

Enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think.

Until next time, "By your word".

Posted on Behalf of Trev Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment