Sunday 1 December 2013

Dave's Dastardly Dreadnought - Dread-Full December

The first door on the advent calendar is open as the build up to Christmas starts. I have been out of the hobby for the last 2.5 months. In that time all I have been doing is a few games with the new marine codex (which is amazing and full of great options)

As doc has introduced this month the code guys are going to all be doing a dread or similar.

My entry is going to be a Grey Knight dreadnought. I got this model  4 years ago as a gift from Hypapist along with a load of grey knights for helping out at his wedding. I have already painted all the terminators for a nice paladin army (brutal in 5th but toned down a little in6th). So this guy has been sat in my to do pile for a long time.

It came to me under coated in bolt gun metal. This is a little dark for my liking. The terminators are base coated in chain mail. I have already started to apply some chain mail to the model to brighten it.
The gun is not started as originally it came with the lascannon option but I like the psycannon option (in game it will be an assault cannon  with pay bolt ammo)

Here is a picture of how it looks before I start work on it


Hopefully this will spur me in to action for painting as I have a bit of a back log.

I'll post back in a few days with some updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment