Saturday 23 April 2016

Showcase; The Cypra Incident, Watchtowers and Fencing.

Hi All

I've now completed the Watchtower and Fencing project for our upcoming campaign; The Cypra Incident, which will see Space Orks and Imperial Guard battling it out in a swamp initially. I'll go back at a later date and add a few more pieces to the set, such as 2 more intact towers, a ruined tower and some barbed wire once my order arrives.

I'm pleased with the finish, very rusty and aged, just what I'd aimed for. Also tried sponge weathering for the first time and I'm very pleased with that, I'll be using it again for sure.

Here's some pics...















As you can see the set is a decent size (that's a 4 x 4 board) and has plenty of scope for variation of lay-out. Overall I'm very happy, the project turned out better than I'd hoped and the modular system is ideal.

As ever c & c welcome. Hope you like it. Next up I'm going to build and paint something for my Marine army, the Thunderbolts, more to come on that soon.

Bluddtoof.

2 comments:

  1. Boos B, looks great and makes a larger complex than I had envisaged in the build process. Sponge weathering is a great and simple technique which I now utilise a lot. Also interesting how after we painted the first scenery set together and used the combination of washes I have now stolen that and used it on the knight! Thanks for getting it ready for our game not long to go now. Just thinking about how I put the video together at present.

    Cheers

    DOC

    ReplyDelete