Sunday 23 September 2018

Necromunda Terrain Showcase

Evening All,

Doc back after a long break with a big project I have just finished.  So we have decided to run a short Necromunda campaign as a group.  The first round will hopefully be end of October or early November.  To get ready I have been painting up the terrain from the box, some MDF terrain and I have just started my Genestealer Cult gang.  To showcase some of the terrain I thought it was about time I made another video.



Hope you enjoy it, it is not the best thing I have ever done but having not shot a video for 2 or 3 years now I had forgotten so much about it in particular the editing and so on.  Anyway hopefully I can do more now I have reminded myself.  Constructive comments are more than welcome.

In addition to above here are a few pictures of the plastic doors, bulkheads and barricades from the core game itself.









One great little tip I learnt when doing these is how good ryza rust is watered down to a wash consistency and then run into the crevices, really well showed off by second to last picture above.

My last share is my first completed model for the gang and a picture of the base I completed first.



This model is a conversion as the standard GW stubber model only has two arms wanting to remove the unwieldy rule I converted up a 3 arm version.

Anyway hope you like all of this and maybe worth the wait??

Thats All folks!

DOC out.................................

4 comments:

  1. Nice job Doc.
    It all looks really nice, stencils are good and I like the really old faded finish you’ve got on the box set terrain. That’ll add a lot to your campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! I really like the one spot of fairly subdued colour on the doorways and barricades. I might have to borrow that for my own set.

    It's still really strange to me that Ryza Rust is a Dry paint. It works so much better thinned down as a wash, like you've done here. Skrag Brown is another really good one to thin down and use, if you want a browner rust, and a bit of Typhus Corrosion put on before the colour of your rust can add some interesting texture, like the metal flaked and deformed a bit as it rusted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for comments west rider and extra tips the subdued colours were put on live a glaze over the metal to make then semi transparent.

    ReplyDelete